The Website and its Content are owned by Speak the Words Storytellers (“Speak the Words”, “We”, or “Us”). The terms “You” and “Licensee” refer to the user or viewer of http://speakthewords.com (“Website”).
Submission and Sharing of Personal Data
To use our Website or its Content, we may collect personal information including your name, address and e-mail address, billing information, medical information or other personally identifying information (“Confidential Information”), or you may offer or provide a comment, image, video or any other submission to us when visiting or interacting with our Website and its Content (“Other Information”). By providing such Confidential Information or Other Information to Speak the Words, you consent and grant us permission to use and store such information in order to facilitate workshop and event programming. We will never sell, rent or share your email address or Confidential Information, except as required by law or in the public interest.
On occasion, we may ask for demographic information such as gender or age, but if you choose not to provide such data and information, you may still use the Website and its Content, but you may not be able to use those services where demographic information may be required.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Confidential Information or Other Information available for viewing by others online through this Website or its Content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent. For example, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent where:
- The information is publicly available, as defined by statute or regulation;
- We are obtaining legal advice; or
- We reasonably expect that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding.
Other exceptions may apply
Your consent can be express, implied or given through authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or broker.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify us that you do not wish for your personal information to be collected / used / disclosed for various purposes after you have received notice of those purposes) or otherwise.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided that you give reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent to us. On receipt of notice of withdrawal of consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may include our inability to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
Using Your Information
As permitted by applicable law, we use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your purchases, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Website or Content.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, as permitted by applicable law, we and our third-party partners may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including third party products and services. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Website and Content, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- To improve our Website and Content.
- For research and analytical purposes.
- To administer customer programs.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena or court order.
- In the context of a merger or acquisition, if some or all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of any of our Agreements, Terms or this Policy.
- To authenticate your identity.
- To monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us.
- To collect debts owed to us.
- For other purposes we may inform you about from time-to-time.
Please also note that we may transfer your personal information across provincial or national borders to fulfil any of the above purposes, including to service providers located in the United States and other jurisdictions outside of Canada who may be subject to applicable disclosure laws in those jurisdictions.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Third Parties. As permitted by applicable law, we may share information with our third party partners or other third parties so they may send you information about their products and services.
We may also share information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if some or all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
To protect your Confidential Information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Your Confidential Information is stored by us internally or through a data management system, compliant to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Your Confidential Information will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that Information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Confidential Information.
You may unsubscribe to our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mail communications.
We manage e-mail lists through a list management system. Unsubscribing from one list managed by us will not necessarily remove you from all publication email lists. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We are compliant with the Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and will never send out misleading information. We will never sell, rent or share your email address.
Anonymous Data Collection and Use
To maintain our Website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other Websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
Use of “Cookies”
We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our Website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on the Website and some features may not work as intended. We have no access to or control over any information collected by other individuals, companies or entities whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its Content.
Privacy Policies of Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, be aware that your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on external links, they may direct you away from our Website. We have no responsibility and are not liable for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its Content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of your information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Confidential Information and Other Information.
Notification of Changes
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to our Refund Policy and Full Terms and Conditions of Sale Policy via email: email@example.com
Questions and Contact Information
Last updated: 2020